Friday 20 February, 2009

More to Tai Chi

So let’s continue with Tai chi, in my previous post I had mentioned about the various Tai chi movements. But Tai chi is more than this.

I learnt the Yin and Yang breathing, it’s very interesting. It involves some visualization and right concentration. Such gentle exercises improve delivery of the oxygen to the body cell.



I also learnt the Six Healing Sounds. It also required a lot of visualization. I think it really helped me. I have always experienced that visualizations has a healing effect on the body. Let me tell you more about these healing sounds. Each organ can be healed with the visualization of a colored metallic light entering the body and after emitting a particular sound simultaneously feeling negative feeling coming out from the organ and positive energy coming into the organ.

For example, I was explained that an emotion like aggression can affects the liver adversely. For this I had to visualize a metallic light of emerald green color entering the liver, simultaneously I had to bend sideways stretching the right side of the waistline, and feel peace coming into you and anger getting out of you by emitting a sound like SHHHH… from the mouth.

Similarly, I practiced all the healing sounds for Lungs, Kidney, Heart, Spleen and the Pineal gland. Wow, it was really healing!

Anther great thing was Chi Massage! Again for all the above six mentioned organs, I learnt different ways to massage. This massage revitalizes the body, tones and beautifies the face, and helps in free flow of Chi.

Wow, this was a great experience. I am going to continue to learn more Tai chi on Saturdays with Sir Christopher at the Holy Family School:-)

I will be back with many interesting things!! Love and Peace!

1 comment:

Chris Ferns said...

Hi Jeenal,
That's great, how about talking the benefit of Chi Harnessing and Chi Cultivation, and giving a link to video of Chi Cultivation from www.sevangi.com Keep the good work going.
Bye!
Chris Ferns.